Xiomara A. Sosa, Executive Creator
Xiomara A. Sosa, You Are Strong! President, CEO and Founder created and launched the National Hispanic Veterans Advocacy Network (NHVAN) to establish a viable network advocating for Hispanic veterans’ health and human services needs that are culturally appropriate.
NHVAN is a national advocacy network for social change.
Mission: to provide culturally competent advocacy for the health and human services needs of U.S. Hispanic military veterans.
Vision: to create a well-established, organized, active, and strongly connected community of Hispanic veterans by improving communication and advocacy for their health and human services needs that is culturally appropriate.
NHVAN sheds light on the integrative mental healthcare and holistic wellness issues affecting Hispanic veterans from a culturally appropriate perspective through an article series about issues affecting their health and human services needs, provides culturally appropriate resources, spotlights Hispanic veterans and Hispanic military-serving organizations, interviews with Hispanic veterans for the NHVAN Editorial Initiative articles series, and assembles and disseminates critical legislative, government, and military initiatives.
The goal is to advocate for their culturally competent integrative mental healthcare and holistic wellness needs and to effect positive social change for Hispanic veterans.
WHAT WE DO AND WHY:
- Bilingual, culturally appropriate multi-platform advocacy campaign
- Culturally appropriate online materials, publications, resources and events
- Evidence-based empirical research approach
- Highlight health and human services issues affecting Hispanic veterans from a culturally appropriate perspective
- Establish, organize, activate, connect, and support
- Improve communication
- Educate and inform
- Articles series for the NHVAN Editorial Initiative
- Spotlight unique challenges, needs, and stories of Hispanic veterans
- Elevate voices of Hispanic veterans from a positive and pragmatic perspective
- Highlight Hispanic veterans in a positive light
- Spotlight Hispanic military personnel and military-serving organizations
- Assemble and disseminate critical legislative, government, and military initiatives
- Advocate for health and human services needs
Join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/NSMVAN/
Contact us at email@example.com