WHAT WE DO AND WHY:
- Bilingual, culturally appropriate multi-platform advocacy campaign.
- Culturally appropriate online materials, publications, resources and events.
- Evidence-based empirical research approach.
- Highlight health and human services issues affecting Hispanic veterans from a culturally appropriate perspective.
- Establish, organize, activate, connect, and support.
- Improve communication.
- Educate and inform.
- Articles series of Hispanic veterans’ interviews for Latina Lista’s Editorial Initiative Articles Series.
- Spotlight unique challenges, needs, and stories of Hispanic veterans.
- Elevate voices of Hispanic veterans from a positive and pragmatic perspective.
- Highlight Hispanic veterans in a positive light.
- Spotlight Hispanic military personnel and military-serving organizations.
- Assemble and disseminate critical legislative, government, and military initiatives.
- Legislative Days with representatives to advocate for health and human services needs that are culturally appropriate.
- Town Hall meetings with community stakeholders, including health and human services professionals, to educate and raise awareness.